Mike Leone on 17 May 2010 19:53:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Disable internal wireless in Ubuntu 10.04 - RESOLVED

Finally found it. One website said that anything in
/etc/network/interfaces would be ignored by nm; that's not right. :-)

Another said that an entry in
\etc\NetWorkManager\nm-system-settings.conf, with a uid from "lshal";
that wasn't right, either.

(that's when I emailed, below)

Finally found a webpage that said to put entries in
nm-system-settings.conf that listed the MAC address would get it to
ignore specific devices. And that one was right, finally.

[keyfile]
unmanaged-devices=mac:xx:xx:...

Thanks, and sorry for the bandwidth waste.