Jon Nelson on 7 Jul 2010 17:18:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Simple Python Help WAS:Filtering Packets in Monitor Mode

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM, jim fisher <jedijf@myfisher.org> wrote:
This works, without the ncurses stuff:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import curses
# create curses screen using whole display
#stdscr = curses.initscr()
# I realize this is an infinite loop
# parse the CSV file
for line in open('foo-01.csv'):
   # look for the line with the right MAC
   index=line.find(':5a:84')
   while index != -1:
       start = index + 1
       index = line.find(':5a:84', start)

     # send the line to the screen
       print line
#        stdscr.addstr(0, 0, line)
     # redraw the screen
#        stdscr.refresh()
# I realize I am not properly cleaning up, but will get to that later
jimf@dell6000:~$

Jim,

I didn't realize that I cut out some important stuff when I changed the subject line.

I am trying to filter the output of airodump-ng so that I can focus on one MAC.  It was suggested that I might have to resort to writing a script and using a FIFO.  The constant output file for airodump-ng, foo-01.csv, acts like one.  So what I was trying to accomplish with the script was just read in the file, print the pertinent line, and loop.  That's the reason for the ncurses stuff, otherwise the lines are printed one after the other.

I hope that makes sense.

Jon