Paul L. Snyder on 12 Jul 2010 12:49:35 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Jul 13 2010: "Endian Unified Threat Management" presented by Lee Marzke (PLUG North@NEW COREDIAL LOCATION in Blue Bell)

 ._____. .__________________________________________________________________.
 | ._. | | .______________________________________________________________. |
 | |_| |_|_|___.                                                   _____  | |
 |___| |_____. |   The Philadelphia Area Linux Users Group        | ._. | | |
 .___|_|_| |_| |  (PLUG) cordially invites you a PLUG North   .___| |_|_|_| |
 | ._____| |___|       meeting, Tuesday, July 13th, 2010      | ._| |_______|
 | | | |_| |                  at CoreDial in                  | |_|_|_| |___.
 | | |_____|              Blue Bell, Pennsylvania             |_______| |_. |
 | |______________________________________________________________| | | |_| |
 |__________________________________________________________________| |_____|

 Remember that Coredial has moved.  Please check the PLUG website for
 updated driving directions:

   http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

 This month Lee Marzke will be giving a talk on the Endian "Unified
 Threat Management" (UTM) open-source software appliance.   UTM
 appliances combine many security related functions such as multi-zone
 firewall, web-proxy,  content filter,  AV,  email spam-filter, VPN,
 and Intrusion Detection into one single appliance.  A unified web
 interface simplifies management so that even a Windows admin (if need
 be) could manage the unit.  UTM's goal is to reduce support costs
 so that for a given IT budget, much more security can be implemented
 than if done separately.  A live demo of Endian community UTM is
 planned.

    http://www.endian.com/en/products/software/

 The meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 13th, from 7-9pm (7-8
 General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial's new location:

 CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

   1787 Sentry Parkway West
   Suite 100 (Building 16)
   Blue Bell, PA 19422

 Directions and other information are on our website:

   http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

 We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
 so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.

 ._____. .__________________________________________________________________.
 | ._. | | .______________________________________________________________. |
 | |_| |_|_|___.                                                   _____  | |
 | ._____| |___|       meeting, Tuesday, May 11th, 2010       | ._| |_______|
 | | |_____|              Blue Bell, Pennsylvania             |_______| |_. |

 COREDIAL HAS MOVED!  Please check the PLUG website for updated driving
 directions:

   http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

 This month PLUG North welcomes back JP Vossen, who will be giving
 a presentation delving into some of the cool and interesting
 applications lurking in the corners of Ubuntu's package
 repositories.

 The meeting will take place on Tuesday, May 11th, from 7-9pm (7-8