Kevin McAllister on 15 Jul 2010 14:35:14 -0700

[PLUG] Installation frameworks and tools

Hello,

At my company we have a software system we've developed for working with Asterisk/OpenSIPS to enable people to sell hosted VoIP and SIP Trunking solutions.  Our basic non-redundant install involves 3 servers, and a ton of scripts, opensource packages etc.  We run on RedHat platforms (RHEL or CentOS) so I do have some RPMs  and other scripts that I've created.

But even so, the installation is pretty involved and I'm looking for ways to automate and streamline it.  I'm currently considering writing an installer but was wondering if there are any existing frameworks or even commercial packages people are aware of to solve the problem of installing a build that is necessarily customized per customer on install.

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks,
Kevin