Chris Nehren on 18 Aug 2010 15:08:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] another more on the wonders of file systems.

On Aug 18, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Joe Kisela wrote:

> Please don't make extraneous root directories.  It's against POSIX standards.  [...]  The UNIX gods are spiteful, and will find a way to punish you for breaking the standards.

You mean like /media, /selinux, and /srv (random sampling from an Ubuntu system)? :)

As they've been around since Linus was soiling diapers, /boot, /sys (though Linux, as per usual, uses it in a totally different way), and (much to my consternation) /proc don't count.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren