bergman on 26 Aug 2010 08:18:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Free Inbound Fax Service?

The pithy ruminations from Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> on "[PLUG] Free Inbound Fax Service?" were:

=> Anybody know of a free inbound fax service?   I see there are tons of paid
=> services, but I was hoping for a free service for inbound use only.

I assume you're talking about an inbound fax=>email gateway.

I've been using eFax for about 6~8 years. If I recall, they've changed my fax number once (twice?)....that may have been because I let it expire somehow. I receive very few faxes, and usually check manually that the account is still working before giving the fax number to anyone, and it has been reliable. I do get spam email from efax (about 3x/month), but as yet no junk faxes.

I've got high hopes that google voice will begin to receive inbound faxes.

Mark

-----
Mark Bergman    Biker, Rock Climber, Unix mechanic, IATSE #1 Stagehand
'94 Yamaha GTS1000A^2

http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=bergman%40panix.com

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
15+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman