Paul L. Snyder on 9 Sep 2010 06:22:22 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Oaks, PA Geeknic - Saturday, Sept 11th, 2010

----- Forwarded message from Jonathan Simpson <jonathand@fossevents.org> -----
From: Jonathan Simpson <jonathand@fossevents.org>
Subject: [Fwd: [PLUG] Oaks PA geeknic Saturday Sept 11th 2010]

Howdy pluggers,

We're having a geeknic (picnic for geeks) in a few weeks and you're all
invited. This is a picnic only geeknic, we're not camping this time around.

This event is happening in Oaks,PA, just off of route 422 for easy access
from the suburbs and the city.  As of this writing, the expected weather is
78F, Sunny, with a 0% chance of rain.  Couldn't ask for a better day to get
outside.

If you are in need of transport help, please let me know and we'll see
about arranging pickup from one of the regional stations, most likely
Norristown transportation center off the "old R6".

We?ll be gathering at Lower Perkiomen Park for food, games, and fun from
2pm to 6pm on Saturday Sept 11th, 2010. The location includes various
sports fields, playgrounds, and walking trails, and there are a few
geocaches near our location as well. The event is free and food will be
provided in a potluck fashion: we ask that attendees bring something along
with them. You can indicate what you will bring on the wiki when signing
up.

Our last picnic geeknic was in the summer of 2009, and you can see
pictures here
<http://gallery.ubuntupennsylvania.org/main.php?g2_itemId=622>.

Head over to http://wiki.geeknic.org/index.php/Lower_Perkiomen_Geeknic to
sign up.  If you can bring something (in particular games and such at
this point) it would be greatly appreciated.

----- End forwarded message -----