Carl Johnson on 14 Nov 2010 13:34:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Too Funny

how I read it..

"Microsoft says a Windows-based supercomputer has broken the petaflop speed barrier, but the achievement is not being recognized by the group that tracks the world's fastest supercomputers, *because the machine blue screened before a successful test could be completed.* "

"Sean M. Collins" <sean@coreitpro.com> wrote:

>Some good red meat for us F/OSS fans on a Sunday afternoon.
>
>http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/11/14/1923240/Windows-Cluster-Hits-a-Petaflop-But-Linux-Retains-Top-5-Spot
>
>"Microsoft says a Windows-based supercomputer has broken the petaflop
>speed barrier, but the achievement is not being recognized by the group
>that tracks the world's fastest supercomputers, *because the same
>machine was able to achieve higher speeds using Linux.* "
>
>--
>Sean Collins
>Core IT Pro, LLC
>www.coreitpro.com

Sent from my Android powered wireless handheld device