JP Vossen on 6 Dec 2010 10:55:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Speaker for PLUG North meeting on 14 Dec

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:50:28 -0600 (CST)
From: "Paul L. Snyder"<plsnyder@drexel.edu>

Looks like we don't have a speaker for the upcoming PLUG North meeting on
December 14.  Eric Johnson has offered to give a talk on linuxcnc.org's
Enhanced Machine Controller project (EMC2).  Eric describes it as follows:

   The talk will be an overview of EMC2, a Linux based hard real-time
   system for computer control of machines such as milling machines, lathes,
   plasma cutters, cutting machines, robots, hexapods, etc., as well as
   associated user interfaces and other related utilities.

   http://www.linuxcnc.org

Is there interest in this talk at PLUG North?

I thought this was already a done deal. But count me in, it sounds cool, especially if there are toys.

(And remember, this is how Skynet will self-assemble its hardware, once its software becomes self-aware. So we should learn something about it now, while there's time... :)

Later,
JP