David Coulson on 11 Dec 2010 06:15:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Cable modem & DHCP

Usually when you change the device attached to the cable modem, you have to power cycle the modem before the new device will do DHCP.

So unplug the linksys, plug in the debian box and power cycle the modem. it should DHCP properly from Comcast after that.

David