Gavin W. Burris on 20 Dec 2010 17:36:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Need Advice: Netbook for Christmas?

A netbook is all I use.  I carry it everywhere.  When I'm at a desk, I
plug in an LCD monitor.  I remote into rack-mounted equipment via
SSH/VNC otherwise.  The keyboard on a 10" netbook is very near full
keyboard size.

I had an ASUS Eee PC 1000, and now have a Dell Latitude 2100.  Both work
perfectly with a fresh install of Fedora 13.  If I were to buy a new
one, I would get another 2100, or maybe the ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM-PU17-BK
then swap in an SSD.

I think the only reason to go bigger for a laptop would be video editing
or gaming.  I have a Mac for video editing, and I gave up gaming quite a
while ago.

Cheers.

--
Gavin W. Burris