Casey Bralla on 24 Dec 2010 04:52:48 -0800

[PLUG] Get Python Environmental Varibles

I'm working on a cgi-bin script in Python, and I'd like to be able to read
environmental variables.  There is a nifty routine for this in python call
os.getenv.  The only problem is that you have to know what the environmental
name is, before you can get it's value.

I'd like to read the entire list of variables, and then use that to decide
which one will have the utility I need (I'm looking for some path info, but
also want to understand the whole system.)

Does anybody know how to get a complete list of environmental variables from a
running python program?
--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence