Paul L. Snyder on 7 Jan 2011 08:53:49 -0800

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tuesday, Jan 11, 2011 - "Blender" presented by Matthew Momjian (PLUG North@CoreDial in Blue Bell)

 ._____. .__________________________________________________________________.
 | ._. | | .______________________________________________________________. |
 | |_| |_|_|___.                                                   _____  | |
 |___| |_____. |   The Philadelphia Area Linux Users Group        | ._. | | |
 .___|_|_| |_| |  (PLUG) cordially invites you a PLUG North   .___| |_|_|_| |
 | ._____| |___|        meeting, Tuesday, Jan 11, 2011        | ._| |_______|
 | | | |_| |                   at CoreDial in                 | |_|_|_| |___.
 | | |_____|              Blue Bell, Pennsylvania             |_______| |_. |
 | |______________________________________________________________| | | |_| |
 |__________________________________________________________________| |_____|

  This month PLUG North welcomes Matthew Momjian, who will be giving a
  presentation on Blender, a GPL-licensed, cross-platform application for
  creating 3D graphics.

    http://blender.org

  From Wikipedia's Blender page:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_%28software%29

    Blender is a free 3D graphics application that can be used for modeling,
    UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water and smoke simulations, skinning,
    animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing,
    compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications, including video
    games, animated film, or visual effects.

    Blender's features include advanced simulation tools such as rigid,
    realistic body, fluid, cloth and softbody dynamics, modifier-based
modeling
    tools, powerful character animation tools, a node-based material and
    compositing system and Python for embedded scripting.

  The meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 11, from 7-9pm (7-8
  General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial's new location:

  CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

    1787 Sentry Parkway West
    Suite 100 (Building 16)
    Blue Bell, PA 19422

  Directions and other information are on our website:

    http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

  We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
  so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.