Scott Budihas on 13 Jan 2011 19:22:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Virtual Box will not recognize my USB printer (

I am running Ubuntu 10.10 host, Win 7 guest and VBox 4. (All 64bit) I installed VBox from the Oracle repo and then installed the extensions pack manually. Guest additions installed. I had no problem printing to my USB-connected HP inkjet in Win 7. No USB filters defined.

If you run VBox as root does that help? Then you have a permissions problem. Are you in the vboxusers group?

Was the file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-vboxdrv.rules installed?

On 01/13/2011 07:22 PM, Steve Slaughter wrote:

     >Message: 4
     >Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:19:33 -0500
     >From: Scott Budihas <budihas@gmail.com <mailto:budihas@gmail.com>>
     >Subject: Re: [PLUG] Virtual Box will not recognize my USB printer

     >Did you tell Vbox to take control of the usb device from the host?
    There is
    <steve2slaughter@gmail.com <mailto:steve2slaughter@gmail.com>>
     >wrote:

Scott, I tried to transfer control of the USB device from the host to
the guest using the menu
you described above, but all the devices listed in the menu are colored
black and can not be selected.

    <http://virtualbox.org>? You'll need

    --
     >Thanks and best regards,
     >Chris Nehren

Yes, Chris I'm running VBox 4 and I have installed the extension pack.

--
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination....yet.