Lee Marzke on 24 Jan 2011 12:13:28 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Firewall question

On 01/24/2011 02:46 PM, David Coulson wrote:
On 1/24/2011 2:38 PM, Lee Marzke wrote:
I recommend Endian Unified Threat Management appliance ( which includes firewall/proxy, snort, etc. )

Here is an image of the Endian GUI to do what you are looking for in Endian 2.4:
ftp://4aero.com/pub/images/endian_routed.png

Astaro does basically the same thing - Looks like Endian UTM is pretty much a direct competitor as far as features go. No IPSec support in UTM though?

http://db.tt/aic2JEZ
Yes, it does look like Astaro and Endian are close in features.
Is that a free version of Astaro ?

Yes, Endian UTM supports 3 VPN options, OpenVPN ( both client and Gw-2-Gw ) and IPSec
I've never used the IPSec,   just the client mode on my laptops.

Been pretty happy with Astaro in the 8 or so years I have been using it.

Same here,  competition is good.
Lee

David

--
"Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of iqlusion..."  - Kryptos

Lee Marzke,     lee@marzke.net                              http://marzke.net/lee/
IT Consultant, Global App Development, Software CM, VMware, VSphere, NetApp storage
voice: +1 484-961-0369     +1 800 393 5217                     sip://lee@4aero.com
fax:  +1 484-348-2230

begin:vcard
fn:Lee Marzke