jvoris on 9 Feb 2011 17:22:34 -0800

[PLUG] OT:Windows Desktop(Outlook) Search?

>Subject: [PLUG] OT: Windows Desktop (Outlook) Search?
> . .  a Desktop or at least Outlook (2003) search tool to my WinXP

I am a big fan of a thing like Google Desktop Search called X1 -

It does .PST stored locally (C: drive) files and the Exchange .PST and
all files (including PDF's ) on the local hard drive.  Not just search,
but auto-indexes them.  Nice Auto-complete search box.

The paid version is needed to search/index the LAN drives.

It had a good long trial period.
But When I started delting a lot of stuff, it kept the links around too
long . . . but it is worth a look.