Grabowy, Chris on 11 Feb 2011 10:07:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] EXTERNAL: Speakers needed for all chapters!

I have read about MythTV, and it looks interesting. I believe they added some hooks from XBMC into MythTV, so I was thinking about exploring MythTV someday. So I canât really compare them.

I work in King of Prussia and live in Pottstown, so West and North are not a problem for me. I guess if there is enough interest then I could make it into Philly some day.

From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Conor Schaefer
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 12:47 PM
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [PLUG] EXTERNAL: Speakers needed for all chapters!

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Grabowy, Chris <chris.grabowy@lmco.com> wrote:

I am new to PLUG.  I haven't even made it to one of the meetings, yet.

But I have been playing with and using XBMC for the past year.  I would be happy to do a demo if there is interest.

http://xbmc.org/about/

FWIW, I would find this interesting, especially if you could contrast it with MythTV, which I have been using in my HTPC and am not entirely happy with. Which meeting would you attend and/or present at?

Chris