Paul L. Snyder on 24 Feb 2011 11:43:49 -0800

[PLUG] RFC: PLUG group registration with freenode

The PLUG IRC channel has been hosted by freenode for quite a long time, but
we've never gone through the process of getting PLUG formally registered.
This isn't a big deal, but would ensure that we can easily regain control
of #plug if there are ever any issues and give us the ability to offer
cloaks to PLUG members.

  http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#projectcloak

This has been discussed on #plug several times in the past, but no one has
ever actually gotten around to volunteering to be the primary contact, so
it's never gone anywhere.

Unless somebody would like to step up, I can volunteer to be the contact
for PLUG and submit the forms to freenode.

Please respond to the list with any comments or concerns.

Thanks!
Paul