|Matt Murphy on 25 Feb 2011 04:04:01 -0800|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|[PLUG] Job opportunities with unspecified hosting company. Chili festival in close proximity?|
It was nice visiting with you on these positions I have available. Again any help you can provide will be much appreciated, thanks again for your time and consideration.
Resource Development Manager
Mathew certifications for these positions are not required but ideal, thank you.
Linux Administrator Level 3 in addition to Level 2
Level III - Linux Administrator
· SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE: Ability to conduct SW compiling. Excellent knowledge of clustering, My SQL, network fundamentals, and Shell scripting. Understands the OSI model and able to apply this knowledge. Excellent knowledge of our clients Products. Excellent understanding of DNS. Knowledge of OM report and ILO.
· JOB COMPLEXITY: Take ownership of customer issues to include: routing, prioritization, troubleshooting to resolution. Issues addressed at this level would include: Ability to add in non-standard modules to Apache. Understands performance monitors and their output using tools such as Cacti, Open NMS, Munin, SNMP.Basic RPM building skills. Troubleshoots and configures replication for MySQL. Custom compile RPMS’s and software. Builds and tests RH clusters using advanced storage. Performance tuning. Able to serve as an SME for projects. Involved in cross departmental projects. Creates technical documents for review and use on the Wiki.
· SUPERVISION: Works under minimal supervision.
· EXPERIENCE: Requires 2+ years Linux principles experience working in a computer technical field. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience, preferred. RHCT certification is required. RHCE preferred.
Linux Administrator Level 4 in addition to Level 3
Level IV - Linux Administrator
· SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE: Basic understanding of Linux languages (PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.). Expert knowledge of MySQL Replication setup and troubleshooting. Knowledge and experience with Oracle troubleshooting. Ability to build and maintain advanced application cluster configurations. Capable of supporting highly available and globally redundant solutions. Experience with documenting customer environments in Visio.
· JOB COMPLEXITY: Cluster configuration and troubleshooting. Handles highly complex large customer configuration and troubleshooting. Ability to recommend performance optimization to customers. Mentors lower level technicians and able to server as a Lead Technician in their absence. Works with Level III Tchs to identify gaps in training and process. Reviews and approves technical documents for the Wiki.
· SUPERVISION: Works without supervision.
· EXPERIENCE: Requires 3+ years Linux principles experience working in a computer technical field. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience, preferred. RHCE certification is required.
___________________________________________________________________________ Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug