Douglas Muth on 7 Mar 2011 15:37:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] preventing access

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Sean Sheridan <scs@campusclients.com> wrote:
[snip]

> iptables -A INPUT -s 91.201.66.76 -j DROP
> service iptables save
>
> This appears to do nothing as the bot keeps on filling in the forms day
> after day.  So my question is, why does this iptables command seem to not
> work?

Is another rule being matched in iptables first?  If you can post your
full ruleset here (or upload to Pastebin), that would help.

Related: do you have CAPTCHAs in your forms?  I found them to be a
great deterrent on the sites that I run.  reCAPTCHA works particularly
well.

-- Doug

--
http://www.dmuth.org/