Randall A Sindlinger on 18 Mar 2011 10:28:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Having Trouble With HAL Scripts

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 07:19:32PM -0400, Casey Bralla wrote:

> KDE calls the scripts in /usr/lib/hal/scripts/ to execute hibernation.
> However, these scripts bomb if I try to directly execute them.   A little
> digging says that these scripts call another level of scripts in
> /usr/lib/hal/linux.  If I directly execute these scripts, IT WORKS!
>
> So, "/usr/lib/hal/scripts/hal-system-power-hibernate" is supposed to call the
> script "/usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-hibernate-linux".

Do you actually need any of the functionality of /usr/lib/hal/scripts/hal-system-power-hibernate?

If not, I'd be inclined to symlink it to the hal-system-power-hibernate-linux
and call it a day.

That said, Sean's suggestion for actually figuring out what's going on is
a good one, too :-)

-Randall