Gavin W. Burris on 11 Apr 2011 06:11:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Droid and IMAP

If he wants to do IMAP, install the K9 Mail app.  It is the built-in
mail client, but improved.  I can't recommend it enough.  Looking
through the options, I do not see an "ignore SSL warnings" option, but
I'd try K9 Mail anyway.

Cheers.

On 04/11/2011 08:40 AM, Eric at Lucii.org wrote:
> A friend of mine is trying to set up his Verizon Droid to access his IMAP server
> on his Linux box.  He tells me it's "not working".  I've asked him for what
> error messages, if any, he's seeing.
>
> I've never touched a Droid outside of the Verizon store so I don't have any
> personal experience with this.
>
> He thinks it might be because the SSL cert for the server is self-signed.  Does
> this seem reasonable?  I told him to ask Verizon to delineate the cert
> authorities they recognize.  Also, can one add a cert authority to the Droid?
>
> This is interesting:
> http://www.sslcertificatereviews.net/
>
> I did not know you could get a cert for about $13/yr!
>

> Eric

Gavin W. Burris
Senior Systems Programmer
Information Security and Unix Systems