Eric H. Johnson on 12 Apr 2011 13:25:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: 3d Printing classes offered at Hive76 in Philadelphia

Somewhat related, and I do not mean to hijack the thread, one of the exotic
machines I mentioned in the EMC presentations of last December and January
mentioned a device known as a hexapod or Stewart machine. About the same
time of this post there was a post on the EMC mailing list of a video
showing a primitively working Hexapod using EMC. Note that this one is
inverted from the one in my presentation, but is otherwise mechanically
identical from a motion standpoint.

See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_UmhUjZhNo

Regards,