K.S. Bhaskar on 6 May 2011 07:22:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Red Hat's new PaaS cloud service vs inhouse vmware

A little bit of both. I think virtualization is over-rated and is often used as a substitute when people are too lazy (or too stressed or under too much time pressure) to create isolated environments on the host. For virtualization, I personally use kvm, which is part of all current Linux kernels and always works.

For me, VMware sometimes had to be coaxed and cajoled into working, but generally worked well once I got it working.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Austin Murphy <austin.murphy@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM, K.S. Bhaskar <bhaskar@bhaskars.com> wrote:
> [KSB] I agree with a small reservation. VMware absolutely works - when it
> does work.
>
> I'm so glad I kicked the habit years ago.

I'm curious. ÂAre you saying you don't use virtualization or that you
prefer a different flavor?

Austin

Windows does to computers what smoking does to humans