Matt Simmons on 20 May 2011 09:15:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] ISP's (OT)

The strengths of a T1 is that it is reliable. It is a dedicated circuit back to the telco, and you won't be interrupted or have your speeds influenced by other users in your area. You also get a Service Level Agreement (SLA) that guarantees you compensation if the service is available less than a certain amount of time a month (usually 99.9% or something similar).Â

The cable services that you mentioned are all considered "best effort", an the speeds are influenced by the traffic of other customers on the same distribution network as you.Â

To really give you advice, we should probably know more info about the use case. How many people will be using the service? What do they use it for? Will you be hosting any servers?

Things like this may change the answer.Â

Matt