Matt Mossholder on 14 Jun 2011 12:56:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Hot-swapping Linux RAID1 (was Re: Computer case)

I've gone it plenty of times, with no issues, on consumer grade
equipment. Both with, and without, RAID. eSATA drives work this way
all the time (albeit typically with external power supplies). But I
have done it with internal SATA drives as well, with no issues. No
need for a separate power lead from the power supply or anything like
that... most power supplies are designed to handle 2 hard drives per
lead (hence, dual connectors).

 Â --Matt