Casey Bralla on 5 Jul 2011 14:59:39 -0700

[PLUG] VMWare Control

Does anyone know of a good VMWare management program?

I've used both VMware and VirtualBox for running servers.   VMware seems more
robust for server applications, but the web-based control interface seems
horribly clunky and awkward to use (it's also slow as can be!).

I'm in the process of switching to VirtualBox just because it's so much more
pleasant to use, but I was wondering if there might be some freeware control
programs out there.

I've googled for them, but the VMware world is ripe with brandnames and
marketing speak, instead of the simple GPL'd world I prefer.  So I'm not
really sure what the heck these things are.  For example, is "vCenter" the
server, the managment program, or what?

Can anyone recommend a good management and control program for VMware?

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence

The NerdWorld Organisation
http://www.NerdWorld.org