OSS on 12 Aug 2011 11:40:37 -0700

[PLUG] [JOB] PHP Developer, Philadelphia, PA | 45-55/hour (P/T or F/T) - Mostly Telecommute

This is a full time or part time, contract/hourly, part on-site/part
off-site PHP Developer position located near Philadelphia, PA paying $45.00
to $55.00 per hour depending on experience. Local (within 90-miles)
candidates only. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Thank you.

Our Philadelphia-based client is building a software-as-a-service solution
that will let individuals, businesses, non-profits, and government customers
perform tasks more easily than they can today using existing methods. They
are looking for a PHP Developer to join their team and help them move from
their current Alpha-complete product to launch the v1.0 offering. They are
looking for the right candidate to join them full-time or part-time.

GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a coder for key product functionality, you'll be working to translate
customer needs into working product. You'll be working with a few other
developers, but you'll primarily be on your own for the functional areas you
own. Even though we're a startup, we do have systems and processes in place
to make our collective lives easier -- operations staff, source code
repository, versioning, bug tracking, project schedules, etc. You'll be
working from complete specs, a complete visual design, and in a fully
fleshed-out development environment.

EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
We're close to launching our beta product, and our development environment
is pretty well defined, so we need people who already have the skills we're
seeking to help us get to market quickly. Generally, we're looking for
someone with:
* 3+ years experience coding successful web applications in PHP; we work in
the Kohana framework (which is derived from and very similar to
CodeIgniter), but as long as you can learn, your framework experience
matters less to us
* EE, CS, or other engineering degree preferred -- either current students,
recent grads or less recent grads; or equivalent work experience
* Full understanding of the LAMP stack, and experience with MySQL database
development
* A passion for correctness and quality; meeting customers' functionality
expectations is critical
* Experience working with CSS3, HTML5
* Someone who has demonstrated themselves to be a real self-starter, and
able to pick up new concepts quickly and work independently with little
supervision
* Passion for maintainable, extensible, and reusable code as well as fast
iteration

YOU'LL ALSO NEED:
* a really strong sense of well implemented user experience; we believe the
user experience will define our success and we need an engineer who will
work with our designers and product people
* confidence in your technical abilities
* experience coding on your own and as part of a team
* the ability to scope projects -- you'll need to have scoped a project and
delivered on time (or pretty darn close) against a project plan that you
defined
* passion and enthusiasm to make the world at least a little bit better
* a sense of humor -- we are after all, a startup, and sometimes when the
stuff hits the fan -- we all need to be able to laugh about it

OTHER:
We're Philadelphia-based, and we're flex-time and telecommuting-friendly.
Our team is flexible as to work hours and location, however we do want you
to be working with us in the office at least 2 days/week. THIS IS FOR A
LOCAL/REGIONAL (WITHIN 90 minutes of Philadelphia) HIRE ONLY. Please do not
respond if you are a remote, outsourced development shop.

If you are interested in this job, please submit your RESUME and SALARY
requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com

Thank you,
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
http://opensourcestaffing.wordpress.com