Fred Stluka on 26 Sep 2011 16:26:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] saw this on /. this morning.

PLUG folks,

I wrote aliases and scripts for some of my common uses of "find".

Check out:

- http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#csh_alias_dirr
 Alias "dirr" that can be used to see what *.dll files there are
 in a directory tree.

- http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#csh_alias_confirm
 Alias "confirm" that can be used to apply a command (like rm) to
 all *.dll files in a directory tree, prompting for confirmation
 at each filename.
 You can also change the -ok in the alias to -exec to avoid the
 prompting.

- http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#csh_script_dirr
 The "dirr" alias, re-written as a script so that it can support
 more features.

- http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#find
 Quick intro to "find" telling you to try it if "ls -R" doesn't
 do what you thought it would.

- http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#help
 Quick summary of many useful Unix commands for getting help and
 finding info:  apropos, whatis, man, info, help, whereis, which,
                where, find, locate
Enjoy!
--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.