Ryan T. Sawyer on 1 Oct 2011 17:32:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] saw this on /. this morning.

> As my company motto says: "Glad to be of service!".  If you like my
> Unix Tips page, feel free to check out the rest of my site and sign
> up for some of my mailing lists.  See:    http://bristle.com/invite.htm
>
> --Fred

Is there an equivalent to this in Bash?

alias lsr 'ls -R | grep \!* | sort'

I tried alias lsr="ls -R | grep \!* | sort" but this doesn't seem to
work in bash and I tried something similar using $1, but my guess is
that just doesn't work in aliases anyway. Is this just a useful
feature of csh and tcsh to which there is no equivalent in bash?