Julien Mills on 6 Oct 2011 13:13:06 -0700

[PLUG] Linux on Dells

Everyone,

Several months ago I was asking about Dells which run Linux.  I finally ended up getting a Dell Optiplex 580 with an ATI Radeon HP 3450 video card.  I had to order it with Windows so I got it with media since I was planning on clearing the hard drive.

I installed Slackware 13.37 and Ubuntu, dual boot.  On this machine everything 'just worked' with both distributions, sound, dual monitors (that's cool), mice, keyboards, flash drives, nics, whatever. It seems fast although I'm not taxing the machine.  I just use it for doing my normal work, emails, spreadsheets, browsing, terminal work.  Way better than what I had before.

Julien