Ed Ackerman on 30 Nov 2011 21:38:46 -0800

[PLUG] Older Aspire One ZG5

So I managed to get my hands on my daughters old Aspire One. It runs a version of Linpus and runs rather well. My issue is that the update funtion freezes on installation. Yum and RPM both freeze as well. I am trying to find the recovery DVD since I want this 'as new' when it travels down the family laptop food chain, updates applied of course.

Daughter One has misplaced her copy and I was kind of hoping that some kind person could loan me theirs or create the recovery flash drive (I would of course supply the media).

I downloaded a couple of DVD images but my trusty DVD burner decided to not recognize DVD's. It still recognizes CD's just not DVD's. Hmmm next fixit list item.

So can anyone assist?

--
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned