Loic Duros on 14 Dec 2011 07:59:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dell xps 14z

Sonny:

I just read you bought a u46e. I did too at Best Buy, took me the weekend to be able to use it correctly with Debian. Turns out if you go in your BIOS settings (I think if you press F2 when you see the ASUS logo, but I'll check tonight, it doesn't tell you which F-key it is!), you then get to it. Then press on the next arrow to get to the second tab (I think from memory). You should see a "VT-d" field, you can disable it, then save the changes.
After that, all will work well, no need to turn off acpi either.