John BORIS on 24 Jan 2012 10:15:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] run x11vnc at startup

Ron,
I am not a LINUX guru but struggled getting VNC to start up at boot
time on my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server. Here is my startup line in
/etc/rc.local

 su - username -c "cd /home/usernames && vncserver -geometry 1024x768
-depth 24 :1" &

Then in my home directory I setup the vnc session. I set the password
for the session so you are prompted for the password when the vnc viewer
connects. Not sure if this will point you in the right direction.

John J. Boris, Sr.

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"

>>> Ron Kaye Jr <rekaye1005@verizon.net> 1/24/2012 12:03 PM >>>
I have successfully installed x11vnc ...i want it to auto-start in
future sessions
i do it manually from the last line below
i run realvnc on my xp laptop

install packages/Set up a password for clients/
(Open up ports 5800 and 5900 on your firewall)
run vnc server

sudo apt-get install x11vnc vnc-java
x11vnc -storepasswd

x11vnc -forever -usepw -httpdir /usr/share/vnc-java/ -httpport 5800

any suggestions?

 Ron Kaye Jr
914-7294734