Lee H. Marzke on 15 Mar 2012 13:41:06 -0700

[PLUG] storage discussion at North

At PLUG north on Tuesday night we had an open discussion and one
of the subjects brought up was storage.

I've previously talked about Open Storage [1],  and several other SAN's
we talked about included EMC, NetApp,  Equallogic,  HP(left-hand), and
Compellant.

I thought I had heard that Compleant was using ZFS, and indeed [2][3] their
new zNAS solution is based on ZFS in cooperation with Nexenta.

[1] plone.4aero.com/Members/lmarzke/talks/plug_zfs/zfs_opensorage.pdf

[2] http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Data-Storage/Compellent-Launches-New-ZFSBased-Storage-System-334506/

[3] http://www.crn.com/news/storage/224600694/compellent-creates-unified-storage-with-zfs-controller.htm;jsessionid=t-gmcuXL-RKmOQl0m75Pog**.ecappj02

Lee