Ron Kaye Jr on 23 Mar 2012 12:33:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG W follow-up-works easy

 i offered it because i tested it and got it to work with ease
also, i can confirm that  x11vnc is a good choice

 Ron Kaye Jr
914-7294734

On 03/23/12, JP Vossen wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:58:40 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Ron Kaye Jr<rekaye1005@verizon.net>
>
> http://lifehacker.com/317125/set-up-vnc-on-ubuntu-in-four-steps

Those instructions look like they are for "Gutsy Gibbon" (EoL
2009-04-18) and are dated Oct 31, 2007. While that does not
automatically make them wrong, things have...changed and I don't think
they are the "current Ubuntu Way to Do It".

Having said that, it looks like they might actually work, so I guess YMMV.

This is a great example of why every single page in the web should be
required to have a create and a last update data stamp... It matters,
especially for technical details like this, yet I see many blogs and
pages with no date. That drives me nuts! (OK, more nuts than I already
am.)

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP |:::======| http://bashcookbook.com/