gary on 6 Apr 2012 18:11:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] revision control systems: your faves?

=> Hello, PLUGgers.
=>
=> I'm considering the use of Subversion for a project meant to live
=> entirely on a local volume, and have it in my head that GUI clients
=> notwithstanding, it ain't for lightweights or solo developers.
=>
=> For the times you've written stuff singlehandedly, what was your RCS of
=> choice, and what was the best source of info as to how to use it?

   I'm a Mercurial (hg) fan. It is easy to get started and easy to use if
you are familiar with Subversion. And when you eventually need to work
with it on multiple boxes, it will do that, too.

   For a more popular option, you can look at git. They are more or less
equivalent for most things, and there is lots of support out there.

                                    Gary Duzan