JP Vossen on 12 Apr 2012 12:29:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Sort a file tree by last modified time

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:09:18 -0400
From: jeff<jeffv@op.net>

On 04/11/2012 10:43 PM, JP Vossen wrote:
>  That gives you everything you want, very simply.

I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but is that sarcasm?

OK, I can see that. What I can't see is how you could possibly accuse me--me!--of being sarcastic!!! (gurgle, snort; yeah, I can't even *type* that with a straight face... ;-)

Seriously, I meant "simple" as in the fewest moving parts. :-) It's all just the one 'find' command, except for sorting, which might be optional if you are importing into a spreadsheet or other tool that can filter and sort by itself.

For example, you could do CSV output then open that file as a database using:
* any spreadsheet tool
* man lookup
* http://search.cpan.org/~hmbrand/DBD-CSV/lib/DBD/CSV.pm
* http://search.cpan.org/~rehsack/DBD-AnyData-0.110/lib/DBD/AnyData.pm