JP Vossen on 3 May 2012 10:48:25 -0700

[PLUG] Fwd: In Celebration of Day Against DRM

I just got the following from O'Reilly. Disclaimer: note that my book is included in this sale. :-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Your Book in O'Reilly's Sale (Fri, May 4) In Celebration of Day Against DRM
Date: Thu,  3 May 2012 10:28:06 -0700
From: Sara Peyton (O'Reilly Media)
To: jp@jpsdomain.org

Hello JP,

You may have noticed that we're supporting the FSF's Day Against DRM. You can read more about it at http://www.fsf.org/news/may-4-day-against-drm. Tomorrow, Friday, 4 May, we are celebrating with a sale in celebration of the Day Against DRM and encouraging customers to try a DRM-free ebook if they haven't already done so. Here is our messaging:

----
	In Celebration of *Day Against DRM*
	Save 50% on ALL Ebooks & Videos

Having the ability to download files at your convenience, store them on all your devices, or share them with a friend or colleague as you would a print book, is liberating, and is how it should be. If you haven't tried a DRM-free ebook of video, we encourage you to do so now. And if you're already a fan, take advantage of our sale and add to your library.

For one day only, you can save 50% on all O'Reilly, No Starch, and Rocky Nook ebooks and videos. Use code: DRMFREE Ebooks from oreilly.com are DRM-free. You get free lifetime access, multiple file formats, free updates. Deal expires May 4, 2012 at 11:59pm PT and cannot be combined with other offers.
----

We'll be extending our sale to include the entire catalog of ebooks and videos from O'Reilly, No Starch, and Rocky Nook -- yours included. The deal won't go live until 12:01 am PT Friday, May 4.

Here's the tweet we'll be sending throughout the day, and we'd appreciate anything you can do to get the word out.

RT: @OReillyMedia Celebrate #DayAgainstDRM: Save 50% on all Ebooks & Videos - Use code: DRMFREE http://oreil.ly/Against-DRM Today only!

Feel free to customize it for your ebook or video, and we'd love to have you share it.

-Sara
sara peyton | pr manager, o'reilly media | 707.827.7118

---- cut here ----