Jon Mosco on 10 May 2012 09:01:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] chrooting SFTP?

You might want to look into mounting the filesystem with ACL(access control list) support.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/ch-acls.html

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Conor Schaefer
<conor.schaefer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Use a sticky bit on to prevent deletion by anyone other than owner.

I want the exact opposite. The owner is the user, I want them not to
be able to delete, but aa different account (in the same group as the
user) to be able to delete.

> Make a
> group and add them to it for reading and writing. Populate their home dir
> with symlinks elsewhere so you can easily administrate those files, but keep
> doing so transparent to them.

Can't. The only things that can be in the home folders are the files
that are uploaded. All contents of the directory are copied and fed
into a system that I don't manage. So I can't have it copy everything
except links, etc.