Will on 14 May 2012 09:58:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Can FOSS help school districts in trouble?

I like the public libraries idea!

As far as for school systems, I have a feeling the only way anyone will make an impact is from a community backed effort full of volunteers willing to put the time into setting up and training the IT staff. Even then, school boards won't push for anything unless there is an outcry from the public.... so who is up for a LUG meeting scheduled at a school board meeting for some good old fashion public lobbying? Without approval from the school boards, I doubt much will be done in most IT departments.

-Will