Rich Freeman on 7 Jun 2012 10:26:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Well I never...

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> Hell, having frozen over, goes back about its business:

Seems to me like Azure is kind of like Amazon EC2, except you can only
run the images MS supplies.  I guess it is nice that they're offering
more of them, but that article speaks only of certain specific distro,
and in one case they talk about the distro having its own special
Azure package repository.

Give me an image format or some tools, and I'll build what I want to
run.  If that is a file supplied by Canonical or whatever, that's
great.  If I want to run Puppy Linux, just bill me by the CPU-hour
like a good cloud provider...

Rich