Doug Stewart on 26 Jun 2012 06:00:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Install VM and LAMP from script

Paul:
I've been using a workflow of:

1) Minimal install (via Kickstart in the RHEL/Fedora world)
2) Post configuration via Puppet

Obviously, you can do whatever-Ubuntu-does-for-install-time-config as
a substitute for #1 and Chef/cfengine for #2, depending on which
pseudo language you want to bang your head against.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Paul Walker <starsinmypockets@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to spin up a development workflow for LAMP, which would involve
> instantiating a virtual machine, installing config and dependencies and
> integrating with version control using a deployment script. There was a
> great presentation at Drupaldelphia by Zivtech that touched on a lot of the
> factors involved, and I'm interested in taking a shot at it. I'm not that
> interested in bells and whistles - that can come later. But I'd love to look
> at some good boilerplate if anyone has a script (BASH or PHP) kicking around
> that I could take a look at, or some suggestions for appropriate tools - I'm
> thinking Virtual Box? I suppose that I could pull from an Ubuntu distro, but
> I'm not sure how to get that into Virtual Box via script? Any advice is
> appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Paul

-Doug