JP Vossen on 13 Jul 2012 11:22:02 -0700

[PLUG] top-five-wrong-ways-to-fix-your-audio

Topical and very interesting post. I know I've done #5 and #2 and maybe #4 in years past... Read the original for lots of great details and "try instead" notes.

http://voices.canonical.com/david.henningsson/2012/07/13/top-five-wrong-ways-to-fix-your-audio/

5. Don’t add your user to the “audio” group
4. Don’t try different “model” strings
3. Don’t upgrade ALSA drivers by following random blog posts
2. Don’t purge PulseAudio
1. Don’t replace ALSA with OSS

Later,
JP