LeRoy on 28 Jul 2012 04:43:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Bulk mailing

On 07/28/2012 02:44 AM, Doug wrote:

> The problem is that every provider - gmail, yahoo, godaddy, etc. has a
> recipient and rate limit on emails which would make it difficult to
> messages to groups. Limits vary but a typical limit would be 100
> recipients per message per hour for yahoo. I think it would be overkill
> to setup a dedicated or cloud server somewhere so I could retain my own
> outgoing SMTP.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to best approach this? Of course I
> would like it to be free but I am willing to spend some yearly money to
> have this capability.  I found a site that allows free mail services for
> non-profits but they need to be 501c3 designated which I am not. I would
> be considered non-commercial.

Hi Doug,

I have been using Tektonic http://www.tektonic.net/virtual-servers.html
for quite a while.  They are fairly low price and include domain name
hosting and setup.  They offer Debian and other distributions for you.
Prices have gone up since I started at $7.99 per month on Unix
Shell.com.  Still $28.00 / month is not bad.

Since you have your Sendmail configuration and everything it would be
easy for you to set it up.

- --
 Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy  mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                       http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )
                       			           > ^ <
		       Cell Phone:  267-307-3527

Open PGP Key:     C34B77CC
gpg fingerprint:  8AD5 35EF 1FDF F1A7 E483  8CCE A50D 4E81 C34B 77CC

For info on enigmail:    http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
For info on gpg:         http://www.gnupg.org/