Lee H. Marzke on 4 Aug 2012 17:07:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: 7 minutes of terror, Curiosity landing on Mars 01:30 EDT Monday

I lived in Orlando during the Apollo program, and got to see one Saturn V
launch and one Shuttle launch at the cape. ( Cape Canaveral back then )
I remember that the whole earth just shook from the viewing stand about
3 miles away for the Apollo.  I was only about 8 years old and I still
remember that launch.

However in Orlando back in the late 60's early 70's hardy a month went
by when we didn't smoke trails going up day or night. There were all
sorts of un-announced military launches or commercial satellites going
up all the time and on a cloudless day you could see the un-mistakable
plume with no problem from Orlando.

Lee