JP Vossen on 6 Aug 2012 15:30:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: 7 minutes of terror, Curiosity landing on Mars 01:30 EDT Monday

Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 20:35:03 -0400
From: Walt Mankowski<waltman@pobox.com>

On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 08:29:55PM -0400, Nicholas Gasparovich wrote:
> As long as Mars has FIOS, then I'm all aboard, lol

It does, but the lag sucks.:)

Well yeah, but don't they have Vinton Cerf (and others) working on that [1]? Damn the physics, he'll figure it out... :-) (Actually, I suspect modern versions of uucp (rsync-ified) and various other async protocols to emerge. NTP & IRC will be--errr--interesting, while SMTP will be more-or-less unaffected (sort-of). :)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplanetary_Internet, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinton_Cerf

Later,
JP