Paul Jungwirth on 9 Aug 2012 14:55:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] emerg web server repair

I'm a developer, not a sysadmin, so forgive my ignorance: is turning
aside a DDOS really that easy? I've hear other smart people in IT say
that there's actually very little you can do, and there are huge sites
that have suffered extended downtime because of a DDOS attack.

I guess the difference in your proposed DNS solution is that your site
is still unavailable, so the DDOS has been successful.

Paul