John Kreno on 16 Aug 2012 06:34:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] VLANs

     Did you check the switch to make sure the vlan is being created
via GRVP ? If the switch does not support it, you may have to create
the VLAN on the switch manually and trunk the ports both to the
firewall and the access point.

 -John Kreno

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Drew Lehman <dlehman@digitatech.com> wrote:
> Ok, I'm at my wits end.  I'm hoping someone here has some VLAN experience.
> I have client that needs to have a wireless guest SSID setup.  The WAP has
> the ability to attach an SSID to a VLAN ID.  I have a main SSID on VLAN 1
> and a guest on VLAN 100.  I have a switch capable of layer 3 switching (HP
> Procurve 2910al) and an open source firewall, pfsense, that understands
> VLANs.  I created a new VLAN/adapter on the pfsense firewall and enabled
> GVRP on the switch.  I enabled DHCP on the guest VLAN (100), but I can't
> seem to get an address on the guest VLAN.  Anyone seen anything similar to
> this?

John Kreno

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary