Gavin W. Burris on 28 Aug 2012 09:46:14 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Installing Gentoo/Funtoo on an Asus Eee PC Netbook

Hi Casey,

I'm running a Asus Eee PC, too, with a Intel Atom N550.  The Fedora XFCE
spin runs great on this thing.  This made me curious about the default
build options on Fedora 17.

# rpm -q --queryformat="%{NAME}: %{OPTFLAGS}\n" kernel
kernel: -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4  -m64 -mtune=generic

Cheers.

On 08/26/2012 03:58 PM, Casey Bralla wrote:
> I just re-installed Funtoo on my Asus Eee PC, and finally published a
> blog entry about my troubles and successes in doing so. (I was
> successful, with only a few problems.)
>

> I thought some members of this list might find it of interest.
>

> http://blog.nerdworld.org/blog/2012/08/gentoofuntoo-on-an-eee-pc-netbook.html
>

> --
>

> Casey Bralla
>

> Chief Nerd in Residence
>
> The NerdWorld Organisation
>

> http://www.NerdWorld.org
>

> NOTICE:
>
> This eMail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> individual to whom it is addressed. In fact, this message is so darned
> important that you really should consider yourself privileged to even be
> cc’d on this message. If by some weird twist of fate, you have received
> this eMail by accident, you __MUST__ immediately erase it and then
> forget you ever heard of the person who sent it to you. Just to be sure,
> you’d better then reformat your hard drive, renounce all material
> possessions, and move to Myanmar, Sri Lanka, or some other country that
> routinely changes its name.
>

> Please also be aware that eMail can easily be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, include naughty words, or be infected with a virus. The
> sender therefore does not accept liability for any bad things that might
> happen to you in your life, even though we’re pretty sure he’s been
> spreading malicious gossip about you behind your back. (And that story
> about you, the George Foreman grill, and the 17 year-old girl was
> particularly nasty!)
>

> By accepting receipt of this message, you accept these terms, agree to
> lend us $50 interest-free with no fixed date of repayment, and also
> agree to sing Monty Python’s “Lumberjack Song” as loudly as possible
> next Sunday during church.
>

> “I’m a lumberjack, and I’m OK. I sleep all night and…”

Gavin W. Burris
Senior Systems Programmer
Information Security and Unix Systems
School of Arts and Sciences